Community involvement is an essential characteristic of Cancer Wellness Support and is significantly demonstrated by the generosity of donors to the Op Shops.For your pre-loved donations in good condition, please drop them into your closest op shop during operating hours. For assistance with pick up of large items please call the Shop Manager.
You can also request a pick-up for larger items.
We are ready with social distancing and health safety measures in place.
To view Penrith Op Shop donation drop off hours click here.
To view Katoomba Op Shop donation drop off hours click here.
Please note that during the current lockdown, we are gratefully accepting donations at our Op Shops, however we ask that you make a booking date and time to drop off your donations by filling out the form here. Thank you for your support!
Volunteer participation is integral for the survival of Cancer Wellness Support. At present, we have over 70 volunteers. Each year, approximately 29,000 volunteer hours are contributed by way of working in our op-shops, administration, fund-raising and community events.
What do Cancer Wellness Support volunteers do?
- Sort, shelve & rotate op shop stock
- Pricing & sales in the op shops
- Furniture pick up & delivery
- Administration in our Wellness Centres or Op Shops
- Client transport
- Fund raising, community service & cancer awareness events
- Assist our Online team with uploading products and packing orders
More volunteers are always needed
Some of the benefits of volunteering are:
- Feeling good about serving your local community
- Being part of a dynamic, caring and supportive team
- Improved ability to communicate with a variety of people
- Better understanding of community needs